Between 2012 and 2013 Australia is switching to digital TV. When is switchover coming to your area? Check your switch date on the pdf link below.
What is the digital switch?
In parts of Australia, TV is broadcast in both analog and digital signals. The ‘switch’ refers to how the analog signals are being phased out (or switched off) across the country from now until the end of 2013. This means that Australian TV will be broadcast using digital-only signals.
Why is Australia switching to digital TV?
There are a few reasons why switching to digital TV will benefit all Australians.
Improved viewing experience
- There are new free-to-air channels, plus the current ones to choose from.
- With access to an electronic program guide (EPG) you can see the program schedules on your TV screen.
- You can watch TV and movies in widescreen.
Keeping up-to-date with international technology
- Overseas programs are increasingly being produced in the digital format only — going digital will enable Australia to keep pace.
Freeing up broadcast space
- Turning off the analog signals will free up space that can be used for other services for the community.
When should I start thinking about switching?
You should think about switching now. The sooner you switch the sooner you can enjoy the benefits of digital television. If you have more than one television, you might want to plan to switch each set over time.
YES! We are Australian Government Endorsed Antenna Installers!
Active Spark and Audio Visual Services are approved Australian Government Endorsed Antenna Installers! Our Licence can be found on the mySwitch listing and the Digital Ready Website. www.digitalready.gov.au